Scobie McIntosh was founded in Scotland in 1885 and has grown to become a renowned name in foodservice equipment and maintenance throughout the UK.
Scobie McIntosh is a family business with a proud tradition of providing specialist support to the foodservice industry since 1885. With over 120 years of experience under our belt, we deliver first class technical solutions. Scobie McIntosh supports customers through the whole lifecycle of equipment – this starts with dedicated customer consultancy before sales and personal project management, continued with equipment supply and installation, and ends with comprehensive maintenance solution. Today, we take care of over 85,000 machines nationwide, providing maintenance and repair as well as retrofit solutions for the whole lifecycle of an equipment. Our service team responds to over 75,000 service calls every year across the UK.
One of the main strengths of Scobie McIntosh is our in-house engineering expertise. With a dedicated in-house Training Academy, our engineers undergo continuous training to ensure they are up to speed with the latest products, technical developments and legislative requirements.
Our engineering business at Scobie McIntosh is built around five core divisions; Bakery, Catering, Vending, Coffee and Refrigeration services. Through these divisions we are able to provide a service portfolio from planned preventative maintenance and refurbishment to 24hr break down and technical support.
Why choose us?
- National coverage for reactive and planned maintenance
- Over 70 of our own trained engineers
- 24-hour call-out, 363 days a year
- Technical expertise in project management
- Extensive stock of back-ups spares to provide first-class, first
time fix rates
- AVA quality assured
Our vision is to be an international partner and supplier of choice for every one of our clients.
We remain dedicated to providing parctical engineering solutions in support of our valued clients.
Andrew Alderson – Chief Executive at Scobie McIntosh
“My personal goal is to continue building a strong international business combining traditional and advanced engineering-based solutions with equally important technical and financial innovations for application throughout the supply chain.“ – Andrew Alderson, Chief Executive
Careers demo text Careers demo text Careers demo text Careers demo text Careers demo text Careers demo text Careers demo text Careers demo text
ENVIRONMENTAL POLICY STATEMENT
We believe that businesses are responsible for achieving good environmental practice and operating in a sustainable manner.
We are therefore committed to reducing our environmental impact and continually improving our environmental performance as an integral and fundamental part of our business strategy and operating methods.
It is our priority to encourage our customers, suppliers and all business associates to do the same. Not only is this sound commercial sense for all; it is also a matter of delivering on our duty of care towards future generations.
Our policy is to
- Wholly support and comply with or exceed the requirements of current environmental legislation and codes of practice.
- Minimise our waste and then reuse or recycle as much of it as possible.
- Minimise energy and water usage in our buildings, vehicles and processes in order to conserve supplies, and minimise our consumption of natural resources, especially where they are non-renewable.
- Operate and maintain company vehicles with due regard to environmental issues as far as reasonably practical and encourage the use of alternative means of transport and car sharing as appropriate.
- Apply the principles of continuous improvement in respect of air, water, noise and light pollution from our premises and reduce any impacts from our operations on the environment and local community.
- As far as possible purchase products and services that do the least damage to the environment and encourage others to do the same.
- Assess the environmental impact of any new processes or products we intend to introduce in advance.
- Ensure that all employees understand our environmental policy and conform to the high standards it requires.
- Address complaints about any breach of our Environmental Policy promptly and to the satisfaction of all concerned.
- Update our Environmental Policy annually in consultation with staff, associates and customers.
- We are fully compliant with EU waste management procedures
- We operate a recycling policy throughout our sites
- We endeavour to use our natural resources responsibly
Social Commitment and the Community
- We are fully committed to yearly contributions to children’s charities
- We provide employer support in our employee’s efforts in charitable and community groups
- We support local sports teams through sponsorship
- Provide facilities for a safe environment in which our teams can participate in sports
- Language lessons provided to develop and enhance the skills of
- Sponsorship of key team members in pursuing further education
- Our policy throughout the company is to undertake all that we do with integrity and transparency
- Adherence to worldwide anti-corruption legislation
- We are committed to Equal Opportunities
- We have a defined Diversity Policy
- We have brought manufacturing onshore to the UK for newly developed products
- We have reduced external foreign production
- New design concepts that increase reusability and decrease both wastage and by-products
- All our business relationships are open and transparent
- No member of our team is allowed to accept incentives, financial or otherwise
- We remain fully professional at all times
At Scobie McIntosh and its affiliated companies, we recognise the importance of Corporate Social Responsibility.
CSR is the foundation of every task we undertake. Our approach is to carry out all that we do with integrity and transparency. This underpins our Company values of being Dedicated, Progressive, Passionate and Dignified. As such we have a committed CSR procedure that is fundamental to our strategic and operational procedures. In brief it can be broken down into the following areas: